Office of Senior Territorians
The Northern Territory Government provides services and support to seniors, including:
- events for seniors like Seniors Month
- Minister's Advisory Council for Senior Territorians
- grants for organisations to hold events during Seniors Month
- how to apply for a Seniors Card for discounts at businesses
- the Seniors Card business directory
- concessions for pensioners and carers.
Read about the Strong Seniors: Seniors Participation Framework 2016-19.
Register your business as a Seniors Card supporter.
Go to the seniors page of the Northern Territory Government website for more information.
Contact the Office of Senior Territorians
For more information about services and support for seniors in the Northern Territory, phone the Office of Senior Territorians on (08) 8999 3861.
Review of concessions for seniors, pensioners and carers
The Northern Territory Government is reviewing the pensioner and carers concession scheme which helps some senior and low-income Territorians save money on a variety of essential services.
The scheme is being reviewed to ensure it is fair, sustainable and can continue to support eligible Territorians with their living costs in the future.
A public information and consultation program will be held later this year. It will include public sessions in the major centres.
Read more about changes to Northern Territory concessions.
Last updated: 20 March 2018